Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has issued CEN No. 01/2019 for 35277 Non Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) vacancies. These posts includes Junior Clerk Cum Typist, Commercial-Ticket Clerk, Station master, Goods Guard etc. posts. Eligible candidates applied online from 01 to 31 March 2019.
2nd Phase Exam Schedule has been Declared. CBT Exam in 2nd Phase will be held from
16.01.2021 to 30.01.2021 for approx.27 lakh candidates.
Application status can be checked from 21 to 30 September 2020.
05 September 2020:
Railway will start conducting 1st stage Computer Based test for NTPC, Group D and Isolated & ministerial posts from 15 December 2020 as per PIB. Detailed schedule will be announced soon. Official notification is yet to be released. There are 35208 posts of NTPC (non technical popular categories like guards, office clerks, commercial clerks etc), 1663 for Isolated & Ministerial categories (Steno & Teaches etc) and 103769 posts of Level 1 vacancies (track maintainers, pointsman etc).
17 August 2020:
RRB has not announced Exam date of NTPC Posts even after 1.5 years. Schedule of exams was to be announced in November / December 2019 but it has not yet been announced. As soon as new update comes regarding exam date or admit card, you will be notified via this page.
RRB NTPC Admit card 2020
Total 35277 Posts
Category-wise Details of Posts
- UR: 15131 Posts
- SC: 5127 Posts
- ST: 2787 Posts
- OBC: 8712 Posts
- EWS: 3510 Posts
- ESM: 3365 Posts
- VI: 236 Posts
- HI: 449 Posts
- LD: 492 Posts
- MD: 340 Posts
- B-HI: 6 Posts
- B-LD: 2 Posts
- B-MD: 2 Posts
RRB Region-wise NTPC Post Details:
- Ahmedabad: 1024 Posts
- Ajmer: 1773 Posts
- Allahabad: 4099 Posts
- Bangalore: 2470 Posts
- Bhopal: 997 Posts
- Bhubaneswar: 498 Posts
- Bilaspur: 1207 Posts
- Chandigarh: 2483 Posts
- Chennai: 2694 Posts
- Gorakhpur: 1298 Posts
- Guwahati: 851 Posts
- Jammu-Srinagar: 898 Posts
- Kolkata: 2949 Posts
- Malda: 1043 Posts
- Mumbai: 3665 Posts
- Muzaffarpur: 329 Posts
- Patna: 1039 Posts
- Ranchi: 1386 Posts
- Secunderabad: 3234 Posts
- Siliguri: 443 Posts
- Thiruvananthapuram: 897 Posts
Post-wise Details & Educational Qualifications:
1. Undergraduate Level (12th) posts – Educational Qualifications 12th or its equivalent examination and Age between 18-30 Years as on 01.07.2019: Total 10628 Posts
- Junior Clerk cum Typist: 4319 Posts
- Accounts Clerk cum Typist: 760 Posts
- Junior Time Keeper: 17 Posts
- Trains Clerk: 592 Posts
- Commercial cum Ticket Clerk: 4940 Posts
2. Graduate Level Posts with Minimum Educational Qualification Degree of a University or its equivalent and Age between 18 to 33 Years as on 01.07.2019.: Total 24649 Posts
- Goods Guard: 5748 Posts
- Station Master: 6865 Posts
- Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk: 5638 Posts
- Senior Clerk cum Typist: 2873 Posts
- Junior Account Assistant cum Typist: 3164 Posts
- Commercial Apprentice: 259 Posts
- Senior Time Keeper: 14 Posts
- Traffic Assistant: 88 Posts
- Online form Submission: From 01.03.2019 04:00 pm to 31.03.2019 11:59 pm
Closing Date & Time for Payment of Application Fee through:
(a) Online (Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card/UPI): 05.04.2019 at 23.59 hrs.
(b) SBI Challan 05.04.2019 at 15.00 hrs.
(c) Post Office Challan 05.04.2019 at 15.00 hrs.
Final submission of Applications: 12.04.2019 at 23.59 hrs.
1 st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT) Exam date 2020: Tentatively scheduled between June to September 2019 Postponed – not announced yet
RRB NTPC Admit card release date: not declared yet
- General/OBC Candidates: Rs. 500/- (Rs. 400 to be refunded if candidate appeared in 1st CBT deducting bank charges)
- SC/ST candidates: Rs. 250/- (Rs. 250 to be refunded if candidate appeared in 1st CBT deducting bank charges)
Selection is to be done on the basis of Merit in following:
- 1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
- 2nd Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Typing Skill Test/Computer Based Aptitude Test (as applicable)
followed by Document Verification/Medical Examination.
1st Stage CBT: The online examination will have 100 objective type questions carrying 100 marks (1 mark each) and 90 minutes duration (120 minutes for PsBD accompanied with scribe). 1/3 marks will be deducted if wrong answer is given.
Application status link is to be restarted from 21 September 2020 as per new notice dated 16.09.2020