Check RPF Constable Syllabus with Exam Pattern
Important Points About Examination:
- The written test will be objective type and it will be a computer based test.
- The level of questions in this exam will be of 10th / Matric standard.
- There will be negative marking of 1/3 for each wrong answer.
- General & OBC Candidates should necessarily obtain 35% marks (30 % marks by SC and ST candidates) to qualify in the CBT.
RPF Constable Exam Pattern:
|Sr. No.||Section||No. of questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|1||General Awareness||50||50||1 hour 30 minutes|
|3||General Intelligence & Reasoning||35||35|
The question papers will be available in 15 languages. Candidates can opt for any one of these languages which they sees fit.
(1) Hindi (2) English (3) Urdu (4) Tamil (5) Telugu (6) Konkani (7) Malayalam (8) Kannada (9) Marathi (10) Gujurati (11) Bengali (12) Odia (13) Assamese (14) Manipuri and (15) Punjabi.
RPF Constable Syllabus of all sections in detail
a. General Awareness: In this section, candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society; to test knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observations and experiences as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to Indian History, Art & Culture, Geography, Economics, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Sports, General Science etc.
b. Arithmetic: Questions on Number systems, whole numbers, decimal and fractions and relationships between numbers, fundamental arithmetical operations, percentages, ratio and proportion, averages, interest, profit and loss, discount, use of table and graphs, mensuration, time and distance, ratio and proportion etc.
c. General Intelligence & reasoning: Questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating
observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc.
About Physical test:
- 10 times the category wise total vacancies in Group of Zonal Railways/RPSF notified, candidates will be called for Physical test which is of qualifying nature.
- Passing Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is mandatory. The details of this test are also given below.
- Only one chance will be given for 1600/800 meters event. 2 Chances will be given for Long Jump and High jump.
- ESM candidates have to appear only for PMT. PET for them is exempted.
- All the candidates qualifying in 1600 mtrs/800 mtrs will be measured for eligibility with respect to height and chest. Chest measurement will be taken only for male candidates. If a male candidate’s unexpanded chest measurement is below eligibility limit, expanded measurement shall not be taken and he shall be treated as disqualified.